Pages

Friday, 18 May 2012

Happy Birthday Urban!

It was my friend's little boy's 3rd birthday today and I knew he'd love a card with his name on it.



I got my little one on board again to help cut some letters using the Big Shot and my Timeless Type alphabet dies. We used patterned paper from the Just Add Cake set.

The layout is based on the sketch from this week's Feeling Sketchy Challenge - week #7. 

The image is a cute digistamp from Pink Cat Studio which I've coloured with my promarkers. I added some faux stitching (I can't stop using it at the moment!) with a red marker and added black dots at the ends of each 'stitch' to make it more convincing.

As well as the Feeling Sketchy challenge, I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:-

Lollipop Crafts Challenge # 80 - Just for Him
Allsorts Challenge Week 154 - Card for a Man or a Boy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rozelle. This is a fantastic card. It is adorable and am sure Urban will love it. I am amazed with your faux stitching, what a great idea to put black dots on the ends of the red "stitches", if you hadn't told me it was drawn on, I would have thought you had used your sewing machine!!! Brilliant. I'll keep that technique in mind next time I use faux stitching :) Thanks for joining in the fun and games @ Feeling Sketchy this week.
    Michelle (whirligig)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rozelle, It's lovely to see you at Feeling Sketchy. Your card is great! I agree with Michelle, I wouldn't have known it wasn't real stitching. The use of patterned papers on the letters is a great way to tie it all together. And that monster is too cute!!! Your colouring is perfect :D Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect birthday card ! love the image and great colours and perfect use of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your colouring! Sweet image, totally cute card! thanks for playing along at Feeling Sketchy with us this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute your card and perfect for us challenge - thanks for playing with Lollipop Crafts - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete